Finding the right products for your skin can sometimes be difficult and costly especially since you can’t try before you buy. To save some money try these homemade Do-It-Yourself Pore Minimizers skin care remedies to tighten your pores.
To begin keep these 4 things in mind:
- Keep Your Skin Clean this means no going to bed with your makeup on, wash your face before going to bed! Debris and oil are the prime contributors to large pores and not washing your face does not help.
- Exfoliate Dead skin cells are part of the debris that clog your pores. Exfoliating removes these, so after washing, exfoliate your skin and THEN apply a mask to tighten your pores.
- Wear Sunscreen Sun damage increases the hardened skin on your face that contributes to large pores. The more sun damage you have, the larger your pores.
- Do A Mask Regularly Masks are the difference between okay skin and great skin, if you really want to see an improvement add them to your beauty regimen.
There are many different homemade masks that you can try. Try different ones to see which one works best for you and your skin type.
Simple Masks –
– Mix an apricot and tomato together to make a fine paste. Apply to face and leave on for 15-20 min.
– For normal skin – beat an egg, apply to face and let dry. For oily skin – Mix an egg white with lemon juice and apply to face
– Soak almonds in water for 3-4 hours. Mash soaked almonds into a paste and mix with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply to face and let dry.
– Place 2 tsp of baking soda in your hand and add enough water to make a paste. Massage the paste on your face for 30 sec and wash off. You will see an immediate result, but best results are seen with continued use over a week’s time.
The following mask is a bit more complicated to make, but may work better for your skin with longer results.
Gelatin Mask –
- Mix 1 Tbsp of gelatin with 1 1/2 tsp of milk in a bowl and microwave for 10 sec.
- Brush the mixture on your face, paying special attention to the affected areas.
- Let dry for 10-15 min. The mask will feel tight after drying.
- Peel the mask from your face and what was in your pores will now be stuck to the gelatin mask. To close pores and prevent them from filling with dirt again, splash face with cold water.
Why Use A Toner After A Face Mask?
Toners remove any unseen residue after you have cleansed your face. So, whether this is after removal of makeup, after washing your face or after you have used one of the deep cleansing or pore minimizing mask recipes above. Toners are good for restoring the ph (acid/alkaline) balance of your skin right away after using a mask or any cleansing products.
- 1. Use straight from the fridge, cold toner tightens pores better
- 2. Use cotton balls to apply liquid toner and only use each one, once to avoid any bacterial contamination.
- 3. Tone up your complexion and improve blood circulation by patting your face and neck after applying toner.